Please note: this list is not exhaustive, but includes commonly recycled items. If you have questions about an item, contact us at email@example.com.
- Personal Devices (cell phones, tablets, iPods, etc.)
- Computers and Computer Accessories (keyboards, printers, modems, towers, etc.)
- Entertainment Equipment (televisions, speakers, etc.)
- Misc. Electronics (fax machines, scanners, etc.)
- Televisions and Monitors, including older style Cathode Ray Tube (CRT) units
- Collection Service: 406 Recycling provides collection services to businesses and institution throughout Helena. Call (406) 449 – 6008 get a free quote for service and schedule a pickup.
- Drop-off: Delivery of electronics for recycling and data destruction is by appointment only due to security and other operational considerations at our local warehouse.
- Collection Events: Starting this November 30th we will be providing data secure community collection events on the last Friday of each month at the parking lot of the Good Samaritan Thrift Store. Details here.
Fees may apply. Most items are accepted for free. Exceptions include CRT televisions and monitors ($1/inch diagonal), LCD screens larger than 36″ ($15/per), some batteries, and data items requiring data destruction receipts (prices vary based on medium and volume). Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more. Volume discounts apply for data destruction services.
Electronics Recycling FAQ
Can I drop off my electronics at your local facility?
Where do you send the items?
Why should I recycle my electronics?
How can I recycle other items like cans and bottles in the Helena area?
Click here to access information on City of Helena recycling services. Renters living in a household, duplex, tri-plex, four-plex and some other units served by City of Helena sanitation services are eligible for a “renter’s permit” to use recycling facilities at the City of Helena Transfer Station which includes recycling for glass (container glass only) and plastic (type #1 & #2; no lids) in addition to the corrugated cardboard, metal cans, and mixed paper (office/newsprint/magazine) accepted at sites throughout Helena.
Click here to access information on Helena Recycling services. Helena Recycling provides curbside and business recycling collection for most common recyclables including glass, type #1 & #2 plastic, cardboard, metal cans, and paper (office/newsprint/magazine).
- Clothing and other usable items: Thrift Stores, such as Good Samaritan, collect items for resale and reuse while also supporting those in need. (Green Tip: Recycling fibers such as clothing helps reduce the environmental impact of energy and pollution from textile production.)
- Building supplies: The Helena Area Habitat for Humanity’s Restore accepts “gently used furniture, home accessories, building materials and appliances.”